11 Ways to be more Sustainable
Environmental sustainability means being aware of your resource consumption and reducing unnecessary waste. While you don’t need to make an exhaustive lifestyle change overnight, there are small changes that can help reduce your impact on the earth, benefiting future generations to come.
- Buy secondhand clothing! If everyone bought one secondhand clothing item instead of something new, it would save 6 billion pounds of carbon dioxide emissions this year.
- Instead of driving your car everywhere, opt to take your bike.
- Go paperless! Almost every bill you receive in the mail can be converted to a paperless, e-bill. Go online and make the switch to save lots of paper yearly!
- Bring your own bags when you shop at the grocery store to avoid using plastic. Forget your bags? Make sure to reuse and recycle the plastic ones.
- Always print double-sided for a low-effort way to save paper.
- Pack a reusable straw when you are visiting a restaurant.
- Take the stairs instead of using the elevator.
- Stop using products that endanger wildlife. To avoid contributing to the endangerment of wildlife, look for products made from sustainable materials like bamboo and dine at restaurants that refuse to serve imperiled species like bluefin tuna.
- Ditch the plastic water bottles. Try using a refillable pitcher, such as a Brita, to filter your water and refill your reusable water bottle.
- Wash your clothing in cold water. Almost 90% of the energy used in washing your clothing comes from heating the water...only about 10% comes from electricity from using the washing machine.
- Subscribe to a CSA! CSA’s allow you to support a local farmer and enjoy the benefits of their food production.
How are you living green? Show us what sustainable swaps you’ve made this year by tagging us on instagram (@labelswap) and we will repost!
Who we are:
Labelswap is a local Tampa thrift store that focuses on selling gently used designer brands. If you’ve taken great care of designer or brand name items, we’d love to buy them from you! Stop by labelswap, at 3143 W Kennedy Blvd, Tampa, FL 33609 to sell your items to us. You may choose a store credit of 50% of the item’s resale value or cash in and get 30% in cash on the spot! While you’re there, be sure to check out our daily influx of new items. Visit us in store or online labelswap.com.